What is Kubernetes
- Deploy your applications quickly and predictably.
- Scale your applications on the fly.
- Seamlessly roll out new features.
- Optimize use of your hardware by using only the resources you need.
- 2/3 VMware PhotonOS VM with docker enabled and configured as per my earlier post – Click Here
- For Lab setup please allow everything in firewall using following commands
iptables -I INPUT -j ACCEPT
- Internet Connection on all 3 VMs
My Environment Setup
- 1 – Photon Master (hostname – photon-os)
- 2 – Worker or Minion Nodes (hostname(s) – photon-node, photon-node01)
Installation of Kubernetes
Size of the package is about 500MB so it will take time depending upon Internet Speed. I haven’t tried offline method
Modify /etc/hosts on all hosts
Modify Kubernetes Config on all hosts
Configure Kubernetes on Master
Start Kubernetes Services on Master
for SERVICES in etcd kube-apiserver kube-controller-manager kube-scheduler kube-proxy kubelet; do
systemctl restart $SERVICES
systemctl enable $SERVICES
systemctl status $SERVICES
Create node.json for worker/minion nodes
Create Node objects
Verify Node objects
Status will show Unknown and its normal behavior as we have not done any configuration on worker/minion node