In this blog, I would demonstrate how to automate the installation of Telegraph Agent using SaltStack. It is required for vROPs Cloud Application Monitoring.
Once you have it successfully installed you can discover the supported services in vROPs Cloud.
In my example, I have Apache HTTPd service installed on the CentOS machine running on VMware Cloud on AWS SDDC.
You can also refer to my previous blog on how to automate log insight agent using salt stack.
- Working Setup of Saltstack with Master and Minion
- I have 1 Master and 1 Minion on CentOS, and I will be installing a telegraph agent on the minion
- vROPs Cloud Proxy deployed and the vCenter where the VM has been deployed is added in vROPs Cloud
- vROPs Cloud Proxy is accessible from the Salt Stack minion.
- As we will be using the install script to deploy the agent all the required pre-requisites should be completed as per the documentation.
- name: sudo curl -k \"https://CloudProxyIPorFQDN/downloads/salt/download.sh\" --output /tmp/download.sh
- name: sudo chmod +x /tmp/download.sh
- name: sudo /tmp/download.sh -o install -t -d /tmp
Update the Cloud Proxy IP/FQDN which will be the source of the download.sh script
salt state.sls vrops-agent test
salt state.sls vrops-agent
If you want to push it to all the minions that you can just use the following
salt \'*\' state.sls vrops-agent
When you use an automation script, concurrent agent installation with a batch size of 20 is supported