Following procedure should be followed to reset the SSO expired password
The password policies in place require the password to be changed every 365 days. You cannot use the 5 previous passwords.
On the vCenter Server windows host:
- Open an elevated command prompt and run the command:
- SET JAVA_HOME=C:\\Program Files\\VMware\\Infrastructure\\jre
- Note: This is the default path of the JRE folder for vCenter Server 5.1. If vCenter Server has been installed in a custom location, change command accordingly.
- c:\\>cd C:\\Program Files\\VMware\\Infrastructure\\SSOServer\\ssolscli
- ssopass -d https://:7444/lookupservice/sdk admin