- VMware vCenter 5.1
- ESXi 5.1 GA build (799733)
- SRM 5.0
- At the time of Test Failover VM unable to Power ON due to VMX file went missing or has lost its configuration.
- Post Analysis we found it could be because of intermittent network connection as we were using NFS data stores
- VMX file can be rebuild the using shell script
- For the first time we need to create a script file by copy pasting the script
- Once the script is executed it recreates the vmx file however we need to re-add it to inventory and it may also be possible that we have to map port group again
3 thoughts on “Rebuilding the Virtual Machine\’s VMX File”
I gather more information through this article, so please keep me informed of any update in this regard. For more relevant articles click on: how to recover deleted datacustom filedisk image softwareretrieve deleted files windowsdiskdiggerdiskdigger prousb drivedownload diskdigger
This comment has been removed by the author.
Awesome! In Short, there is a lot to learn from this article. For More information check the below linksInstall PlayBox OnlinePlayBoxMovie PlayBoxPlayBox for Mac