CONFIGURING SAMBA ON LINUX FOR Active Directory
Ø Samba package should be preinstalled if not then you have to install samba 3.0 before configuring samba for Active Directory.
1. Make backup copy of /etc/sab.conf
2. Open /etc/smb.conf in text editor
3. Change the entry “workgroup” to your desired domain name
4. Change “netbios name ” entry to your domain controller host name as shown below
5. Remove ‘;’ from the beginning of the line “hosts allow” and add your network .
6. Now go to “Security” line in “Domain member option” section remove “;” and change the line to below as show in screen
7. Go to “realm” line and remove “;” from beginning of line and change the line as shown below
8. In password server line give ip address of your domain controller
9. Save the file and exit
10. Restart the SMB and Network Service by issuing following commands
11. Now join the Linux to AD domain using following command
· net ads join –U Administrator.
· If connection is successful it will prompt password for Administrator
One thought on “CONFIGURING SAMBA ON LINUX FOR Active Directory”
I gather more information through this article, so please keep me informed of any update in this regard. For more relevant articles click on: how to recover deleted datacustom filedisk image softwareretrieve deleted files windowsdiskdiggerdiskdigger prousb drivedownload diskdigger